We’re here to help you find a job, obtain new skills, or get the training you need to move ahead in the workplace. We work with individuals of all ages, backgrounds, and skill sets. All of our services are free. To learn more about these services please call us (901) 636-7971.
For job search assistance please visit jobs4tn.gov.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (All locations)
*We do not have facilities for children - Please make arrangements for someone to care for your children before visiting the Career Center.
Job seekers are encouraged to attend ORIENTATION as the first step in our service process.
REQUIREMENT TO RECEIVE SERVICES: Participant MUST BE 18 YEARS & older for Adult & Dislocated Worker Services --- 16 - 24 YEARS - Youth & Older Youth Services
ORIENTATION is offered Mondays & Wednesdays @ these locations:
- 480 Beale Downtown, 8:30a & 1p.
- 4240 Hickory Hill (Hickory Hill), 9a
- 3040 Walnut Grove (Midtown), 9:30a
- 121 W. Court Square (Fayette County) 9a & 2p
Starting April 1, 2016, Orientation will be offered Mondays & Wednesdays @ 480 Beale Downtown Location, 8:30a & 1p. THIS CHANGE ONLY AFFECTS THE BEALE (DOWNTOWN) LOCATION!!!! This change offers the CONVENIENCE of Orientation being offered Monday thru Thursday @ ALL Career Center locations.
Please see Weekly Service Flyer for more information on Orientation times, Core Weekly Services, and Required Documentation.
We can provide you with access to research on wages, skills, educational requirements, and projected job growth within industries and sectors. http://www.jobs4tn.gov
LOOK FOR A JOB
Visit the WIN Career Center at 480 Beale Street Memphis, TN 38103 http://mapquest.com for free access to our computers, printers, fax machine, copier, and telephone to help you look for a job.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS
Targeted Workshops offering the most up-to-date techniques and practices exclusive to the LWDA 13 region are:
- Resume Writing
- Interviewing Skills (Conduct Mock Interviewing & Dressing for Success)
- Career Choices
- Employability Skills for Success
View our Career Development & Events Calendar for a current schedule of available workshops.
Workshops are FREE and OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Participant must be 18 years or older (click for days and times)
For More Info Regarding Available Workshops - See Below:
JOB FIRST PHILOSOPHY
- Upon completion of Orientation, participants will register in Jobs4TN.gov, and assigned to a (WDS) Workforce Development Specialist to discuss career development aspirations relative to Job Search and/or Training.
- We’re here to assist you with job search and career development based on your skills, interests, and goals.
- We offer career assessments to help you find out which jobs are best suited to your interests, skills, and talents.
- Upon review of your test results, your WDS will provide guidance tailored to enhance your individual job search efforts and the most successful career path to employment.
WIN provides funding to eligible clients to pay for occupational skills training to enhance employability and career opportunities.
Orientation If suitable for training, Career Coaches will schedule job seekers for the Test for Adult Basic Education (TABE).
TABE TESTING TIMES: (DOWNTOWN)
Mondays and Tuesdays, 9:30a and 2p - By appointment only.
Requirements for TABE Testing:
- Completion of Career Center Orientation
- 18 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or Certified High School Diploma Equivalent
- Valid Driver's License or State or Gov't issued ID
- Social Security Card
Please see Eligible Training Providers for an exhaustive list of all eligibility requirements to receive funding for school in the form of an Individual Training Account (ITA).
Below you will find a link to all of the IN DEMAND WIN approved eligible training programs.
- The Workforce Investment Network serves LWDA 13 (Memphis, Shelby & Fayette Counties)
Also, follow this link for an updated, comprehensive list and descriptions of ALL of the training providers and programs in Tennessee.
Need help to obtain a High School Equivalency Diploma? Contact these certified HSE providers:
- Excel Learning Center - 3830 Austin Peay, Memphis, TN 38128 - Mon thru Fri 8a - 4:30p (901)384.6745
- Hope Works - 1930 Union Ave Memphis, TN 38104 ● (901) 272.3700 Ext.104
If you have immediate or special needs, we can connect you with the right staff or agency within our network.
For more information, contact Janice Harris-Robinson.