We’re here to help you find a job, obtain new skills, or get the training you need to move ahead in the workplace. We work with individuals of all ages, backgrounds, and skill sets. All of our services are free. To learn more about these services please call us (901) 636-7971.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (All locations)
*No Children Allowed - Please make special arrangements for someone to keep your children before visiting the Career Center.
We do apologize if this poses any inconvenience.
We recommend that job seekers attend a general WIN Career Center ORIENTATION session as a first step in our service process.
ONLY REQUIREMENT TO RECEIVE CORE SERVICES: Participant MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER
ORIENTATION sessions are offered on Mondays and Tuesdays, at 8:30am and 1pm.
Please see Weekly Service Flyer for more information on Orientation times, Core Weekly Services, and Required Documenation.
SEND YOUR RESUME
We work with employers throughout the region to match the right candidate with the right job. Click here to send us your resume.
We can provide you with access to research on wages, skills, educational requirements, and projected job growth within industries and sectors. http://onetonline.org
LOOK FOR A JOB
Visit the WIN Career Center at 480 Beale Street Memphis, TN 38103 http://mapquest.com for free access to our Computers, Printers, Fax machine, Copier, and Telephone to help you look for a job.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS
Targeted Workshops offering the most up-to-date techniques and practices exclusive to the LWIA 13 region are:
- Resume Writing
- Interviewing Skills, which includes Dressing for Success
- Career Choices
View our Career Development Workshop Calendar for a current schedule of available workshops.
Workshops are FREE and OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
ONLY REQUIREMENTS FOR ATTENDING:
- Participant must be 18 years or older
- Participant must have already attended Orientation (click for days and times)
For More Info Regarding Available Workshops - See Below:
JOB FIRST PHILOSOPHY
- Upon completion of Orientation, participants may be matched up with a Career Coach to request additonal information regarding Job Search and/or Training.
- We’re here to assist you with job search and career development based on your skills, interests, and goals.
- We offer career assessments to help you find out which jobs are best suited based on your interests, skills, and talents.
- Upon review of your test results, you will be provided the most appropriate guidance by a Career Coach staff with the best advice tailored to enhance your individual job search efforts.
- Assessments are the key in helping WIN Career Coaches identify your skill sets leading to the most successful career path/employment.
WIN provides funding to eligible clients to pay for occupational skills training program for the purpose of acquiring in demand credentials to improve job search efforts.
Upon completion of (Orientation) a client will be given an appointment to meet with a Career Coach to discuss Job Search, and/or Training (Request funding for school) options.
If suitable for training, Career Coaches will schedule job seekers to the take the Test for Adult Basic Education (TABE).
TABE TESTING TIMES:
Mondays and Tuesdays, 9:30am and 2pm
Requirements for TABE Testing:
- Completion of Career Center Orientation
- 18 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Diploma)
- Valid Driver's License or State or Gov't issued ID
- Social Security Card
Please see Eligible Training Providers for an exhaustive list of all eligibility requirements to recieve funding for school in the form of an (ITA) indivudual training account.
Below you will find a link to all of the IN DEMAND programs that WIN has approval to fund.
- The Workforce Investment Network serves LWIA 13 (Memphis, Shelby & Fayette Counties)
Also, follow this link for an updated, comprehensive list and descriptions of ALL of the training providers and programs, compiled by the WIN Performance Department.
Need Help getting a GED????? Contact These Certified GED Providers:
- Messick Adult Learning Center - Ray Macklin - 703 South Greer Memphis, TN 38111 ● (901) 416.4840 or mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hope Works - Susan Rubio - 1930 Union Ave Memphis, TN 38104 ● (901) 272.3700 Ext.104 or mailto:email@example.com
If you have immediate or special needs, we can connect you with the right staff or agency within our network.
For more information, contact Janice Harris-Robinson.