The Incumbent Worker Training (IWT) program is co-administered by WIN and the Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development (TDOLWD). This program focuses on upgrading the skills of existing full-time employees so that employers can remain competitive and the State of Tennessee can continue to retain viable, progressive businesses. All IWT applications are reviewed by the WIN IWT Board Committee and are rated based upon objective criteria. All awards must be approved by the WIN Board and TDOLWD. The application for the IWT program may be downloaded at the TDOLWD's Training Grants webpage.
IWT program details:
- For profit businesses, and not-for-profit healthcare businesses are eligible to apply.
- The grant period is October 1st through September 30th.
- The application deadline for the 2012-2013 grants is October 31st, 2013.
- Must be in business one year prior to submitting an application.
- Must employ a minimum of five full time employees (independent contractor/1099 employees are not eligible for training).
- Must be current on all federal and state taxes.
- Maximum award is $25,000 per grant, with a total funding limit of $50,000 per employer in consecutive program years.
- A 50% employer match is required.